This syllabus has been shortened to the root topics alone to avoid making it too long. To get the complete and detailed breakdown of this JAMB Physics syllabus 2021, scroll down to the bottom of this page to download the syllabus in PDF format.
1. Measurements and Units: Study everything on this topic. Know the basic units of the following:
- unit of mass
- Know all the fundamental and derived quantities and their units
And the uses of the following:
- Beam balance
- Meter rule
- Venier calipers
- Micrometer Screw-gauge
- Measuring cylinder.
Know the differences between Vectors & Scalars quantities and their examples
2. Motion and Force: This is one of the most important topics in this JAMB Physics syllabus. Be very serious about this topic and try to cover everything under these topics.
3. Gravitational field: Force of Gravity
- Equilibrium of Forces
4. Work, Energy, and Power: Know their respective definitions, sources, uses, and forms
5. Friction: Static & dynamic. Read everything under this topic
6. Simple Machines: Definition, Types, efficiency, advantages, and disadvantages of machines.
7. Elasticity: Read everything under this.
8. Pressure: Know the definition, measurement, variation, application/transmission, types/forms, and units.
- Liquids at Rest
- Thermal Expansion: Thermal expansivity of Solids, liquids.
10. Gas Laws: Read everything about Boyle’s, Pressure, Charles laws, and van der Waal & ideal gas equations
- Change of State
- Structure of Matter and Kinetic Theory
11. Heat Transfer:
- convection and
13. Sound Waves: Including transmission mediums, frequency, characteristics and applications of sound, speed of sound in different mediums, echoes, vibration, reverberation, noise, and musical notes, and so on;
14. Light Energy: Sources, reflections & refraction of light, frequency, wavelength, and speed of light and the principles of shadows and eclipse formations.
15. Optical Instruments: Study the working principles of;
- Human eye
- Sight defects and their corrections
16. Electrostatics, capacitors, electric cells, electric current, and voltage, electrical energy, and power. Also read everything about A. C. and D.C circuits, the principles of conductivity of electricity through liquids, gases, solids and fluids, insulators, conductor and semi-conductors
17. Magnets and Magnetic Field: Force on a Current-Carrying Conductor in a Magnetic Field, Electromagnetic Induction
18. Modern Physics: Everything about the models, properties, and structure of the atom
19. Electronics: Related topics include: the principles of Conductors, insulators, and semiconductors (n-type & p-type) and their types and examples, diodes, transistors in amplification